Compass Intervention Center offers an intensive outpatient program (IOP) for teens who need more structure and psychiatric care than is provided in the traditional outpatient setting. This program aims to stabilize symptoms of psychiatric disorders, substance abuse and dual diagnosis so patients can quickly return to school and their community.
Adolescent IOP is offered Monday through Friday from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Patients can attend two to five times a week, with focused treatment for a minimum of three hours a day.
Similar to our adolescent partial hospitalization program, adolescent IOP offers all patients an individualized treatment plan and comprehensive discharge planning.
BENEFITS OF IOP
- Minimal family and home-life disruption
- Ability to receive intensive, therapeutic services while maintaining schedules and routines
- Opportunities to establish community-based supports
- Ability to practice newly acquired skills within their environment
- Greater patient responsibility